Sundays 11:30 - 12:45
Come strike your best warrior pose with a dose of fresh air in a gorgeous park setting! Elisa teaches an open-level hatha vinyasa yoga class, with variations suited for everybody. She is a Yoga Alliance certified instructor, with specialised training in yoga for pregnancy, and a strong interest in the therapeutic applications of yoga. Whether you're an absolute first-timer or a seasoned yogi, rest assured that you'll be in good hands. ;)
Each week will feature a new theme with original and creative sequencing focused on opening and bringing awareness to specific areas of the body to develop overall flexibility, strength, and balance. Plan for a little sweat, a little burn, and loads of bliss!
We'll begin promptly at 11:30 so plan to arrive by 11:15 to check in and get set up. We will meet in Shepherdess Walk Park on Wenlock Road. The nearest tube stations are Old Street and Angel. Please contact Elisa with any questions.
What you can expect:
- 75 minute open level vinyasa flow class with variations to suit every body
- a new class theme and original sequencing each week
- a physical practice that will cultivate strength, flexibility, balance, and increased awareness through movement with the breath
- guided meditation and relaxation to close
Why practice yoga?
- You'll develop an awareness of your body that you never knew possible! Each week, you'll become stronger, more flexible and balanced (and I don't only mean being able to stand on one leg!)
- As an essential to a cross-training regimen, yoga re-balances the body and improves flexibility to reduce the chances of injury and encourage faster recovery
- To learn to breathe better! This means a calmer nervous system, reduced blood pressure, less stress, and better sleep.
- The inner awareness and mindfulness you cultivate on the mat will eventually spread to other aspects of your life, helping you develop healthy habits and happy relationships.
If you have a mat, please bring it with you. Limited mats available for hire (£1).
In the case of inclement weather, we will move to a nearby indoor location.
REGISTER NOW TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
When & Where
Elisa was first drawn to yoga while living in New York City, where her mat became an oasis of calm and clarity. Inspired by her teachers, she completed her yoga teacher training at Laughing Lotus Yoga Center (200-RYT). As her practice deepened, she found herself drawn to the therapeutic applications of yoga, especially as it pertained to pregnancy. After moving to London, she pursued this interest and earned her pregnancy yoga teacher certification with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and Lisa White at Yogacampus. She currently teaches basics, open-level, pregnancy and postnatal classes in London.
Elisa’s primary style is Vinyasa, and its flow-like qualities are evident no matter the class type. Her classes are highlighted by intelligent sequencing and creative movement to nurture a continuously evolving practice, suitable for practitioners of all levels. She is forever grateful for every step, whether forward or back, that has ultimately guided her on this path called life.
Elisa is a registered teacher with Yoga Alliance UK. This accreditation demonstrates excellent standards as set by Yoga Alliance UK. For more information contact ElisaLeeYoga@gmail.com. ElisaLeeYoga.com