Well performance analysis is a combination of various components of oil or gas wells in order to predict flow rates and to optimise the whole system. Emphasis will be given to the reservoir component, vertical component, surface choke component and finally horizontal component. Nodal analysis will be explained in order to:
-Predict the optimum flow rate for specific reservoir condition
- Predict the pressure drop in vertical tubing and annulus, and horizontal lines
- Predict the pressure drop through surface well head chokes
- Determine the well head pressure and bottom hole pressure for specific well
- Determine the proper size of tubing, flow line and surface well head chokes
Flow assurance is a relatively new term in oil and gas industry. It refers to ensuring successful and economical flow of hydrocarbon stream from reservoir to the point of sale. Flow assurance is extremely diverse, encompassing many discrete and specialized subjects such as handling many solid deposits, which can cause catastrophic blockage formation in pipelines and result in flow assurance failure.
The course is designed for
- Completion engineers
- Production engineers
- Reservoir engineers
- Drilling engineers
- Field supervisors
- Production foremen
- Engineering technicians
- Flowing Well Performance : Basics, well-test pros and cons.
- Determine the Inflow Performance IPR of wells and methods to improve same.
- Determine the Outflow Performance VLP of wells and methods to improve same.
- Know availability and functions of well performance simulation software.
- Know about unloading techniques with examples.
- Understand the basics of Nodal Analysis.
- Design a Gas Lift well system.
- Design an ESP well system.
- Identify the components of a complete flow assurance study and understand how they relate to the production system design and operation.
- Evaluate and compare mitigation and remediation techniques for: gas hydrates, paraffin, asphaltenes , emulsions, scale, corrosion, erosion and solids transport, and slugging.
For more information on this course please contact us.
Nodal Analysis Overview
Gas lift design, ESP and other methods basics
Unloading well methods
Problem well analysis
Overview of flow assurance
Hydrate, paraffin, and asphaltene control
Basics of scale, corrosion, erosion, and sand control
Commissioning, start-up, and shutdown operations
When & Where
Esanda Engineering Ltd
Esanda is an independent upstream oil and gas consultancy specialising in industry specific training and field development planning services. Our operations are supported by our UK and Australia offices.
Esanda is a specialist training provider serving the global upstream oil and gas industry. Our training providers are practicing industry specialists who develop our in house courses and work with clients to build bespoke training for their staff.
We pride ourselves on being able to bring hundreds of man years of experience to the training sector and the positive feedback we receive from our satisfied clients.
Our courses evolved over 15 years ago with a focus on Field Development Planning, which included a strong emphasis on costing and economic analysis as well as concept selection for our clients. The range of clients includes those involved in Onshore, Offshore, Subsea, GTL, LNG and unconventional developments. This work and client training has allowed us to build strong expertise in these areas with practical and up to date knowledge of the subject areas.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.esandaengineering.com/terms-and-conditions.html