The Clinical School is pleased to welcome Angie Stewart, Chief Executive Officer, from Cambridge Women's Aid to present the final 2016 topic briefing. Addressing the subject of domestic abuse the session will broadly cover the following topics;
- Understanding the difference between domestic abuse and domestic violence.
- Recognising the signs of an abusive relationship.
- Understanding the various forms of abuse.
- Advice as to what someone should do if they are concerned about a work colleague or someone outside of the working environment.
- Details of local and national support services.
Cambridge Women’s aid provides dedicated and specialist services to women and children affected by domestic abuse. The service offers one to on help for women living in Cambridge City and South Cambs, as well as women’s support groups and dedicated services for children.
For further information with regards to Cambridge Women's Aid please click here; http://cambridgewa.org.uk/ .