West of England JSP and JTS Business, economic growth and employment worksh...
The four West of England councils – Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol City, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire council would like to invite you to help shape the Emerging Joint Spatial Plan and Joint Transport Study by attending the business, economic growth and employment workshop on Monday 5 December 6.30-8.30pm at Arcadis 2 Glass Wharf, Temple Quay, Bristol.
We are working together to produce a Joint Spatial Plan and a Joint Transport Study exploring where 105,000 new homes, employment, infrastructure and the required transport links could be built over the next 20 years.
This workshop will invite discussion on how the future scale and location of new employment and economic development should be accommodated in the West of England, looking at:
- The role and potential of the existing Enterprise zone and areas and our Port and Airport.
- The pressure for transport infrastructure to accommodate future growth.
- How new employment provision is related to housing growth.
We will also discuss:
• How should we plan for the future scale and location of new employment and economic development?
• What scale of opportunity exists in our existing and newly revised Enterprise Zone and Areas? • Should more be done to support the growth of Bristol Airprot and Port?
• How will goods and our existing and future workforce travel more freely in the future?
• What employment opportunities should be provided alongside new strategic housing locations?
• What role will our town and city centres play in the future economy?
Please come prepared to discuss questions on these subjects.
If you have any questions about this event or have any specific access requirements, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01454 86 2293.
The Emerging Spatial Plan and Transport Study proposals will be consulted on from 7 November to 19 December. This second phase of consultation will help us to inform the final plan and steer development in the region.
More information on this consultation, details of additional events as well as the opportunity to have your say on these important subjects is available on our website at www.jointplanningwofe.org.uk or view our short video on the JSP and JTS.
We look forward to seeing you and hearing your views on Monday 5 December.