West of England JSP and JTS: Transport and infrastructure workshop
The four West of England councils – Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol City, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire council would like to invite you to help shape the Emerging Joint Spatial Plan and Joint Transport Study by attending the transport and infrastructure workshop on Wednesday 7 December 10.30am-12.30pm at MShed, Princes Wharf, Wapping Rd, Bristol BS1 4RN
We are working together to produce a Joint Spatial Plan and a Joint Transport Study exploring where 105,000 new homes, employment, infrastructure and the required transport links could be built over the next 20 years.
You are invited to this workshop to discuss:
- The level of ambition in the Transport Vision, is it about right, too ambitious or not ambitious enough?
- Whether the balance between different transport modes is right – too much emphasis on public transport and cycling, or not enough?
- How best to manage traffic? How radical should we be in our treatment of `through’ traffic?
- What our options are to raise funds to deliver the Transport Vision?
- What infrastructure should be provided to support the emerging development locations - schools, libraries, utilities (including broadband) and transport?
Please come prepared to discuss questions on these subjects.
If you have any questions about this event or have any specific access requirements, please email: email@example.com or call 01454 86 2293.
The Emerging Spatial Plan and Transport Study proposals will be consulted on from 7 November to 19 December. This second phase of consultation will help us to inform the final plan and steer development in the region.
More information on this consultation, details of additional workshops and events as well as the opportunity to have your say on these important subjects is available on our website at www.jointplanningwofe.org.uk or view our short video on the JSP and JTS
We look forward to seeing you and hearing your transport and infrastructure views on Wednesday 7 December.