The course is delivered over 5 days and is fully achievable within this period through individual and group exercises, tasks and activities.
Objectives of the course are:-
- To obtain and be familiar with Swissport standard processes and procedures.
- To obtain an understanding on how to properly and safely handle cargo and build ULD's.
- To be able to identify ULD types and their compatibility with various aircrafts.
- Familiarisation with the different types of contours of the different aircraft types and their possible combinations.
- Familiarisation with special cargo other than AVI and PER.
- Understanding the DG accessibility requirements and state variations.
- Understanding the floor bearing and lashing rules for general cargo and special loads.
The course is delivered by Colin Craggs.