Clarity are offering newly and recently qualified teachers the opportunity to learn about the latest best practice when supporting children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) in their classrooms. This one day training session will cover:
- Links between speech and language delay and social deprivation.
- Causes of speech and language delay.
- Impact of speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) on learning.
- Ages and stages of speech, language and communication development.
- Assessment and progression.
- Teaching and promoting speech, language and communication skills.
- Creating a Communication Friendly classroom.
- How to effectively support parents.
This session has been extremely valuable to teachers who are new to the profession and those who have moved to a post in a school with high numbers of children with speech, language and communication needs. The introductory session is accessible for teachers working in the Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
What will the training give you?
- The opportunity to network with other newly / recently qualified teachers and an opportunity to share practice.
- Handouts with useful links to evidence-based resources.
- Practical activities to support your development and apply skills taught to children in your classrooms.
- An opportunity to seek advice about children from qualified Speech and Language Therapists.
If you have difficuly booking, would like to discuss this course further or would like us to deliver this session in your school please contact Jo Flanagan or Bibiana Wigley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 404265.