Bradford-based folk-inspired indie band Wilful Missing playing the intimate setting of All Hallows Church, Hyde Park, with support from Wakefield's Fran Smith
Wilful Missing (who take their name from a Rudyard Kipling poem) are a Bradford based 5 piece band whose album Molehills out of Mountains came out in December last year to high critical acclaim:
- "astonishingly good.... the album burns with diverse ideas as the close and choral harmonies sing of any emotion you can care to suggest, conjuring heartache and spinning tales of a perfect reconciliation. Welcoming you on an intimate journey through the furore of life's travesties and celebrations." (Leeds Music Scene);
- "built on solid English grit, (as if) it's been made in black and white to help give it an edge and even when it's briefly headed off into a more Celtic texture, you still feel it's about light and shadows and double meanings." (Neil King, Fatea Records)
- "rich Americana textures, dancing Irish melodies, and quivering continental vibes" (Rob Samuels Music and Alike)
Following national airplay from Steve Lamacq on both Radio 2 and 6music, last year saw 4 of their songs featured on BBC TV's Waterloo Road. They count Tom Robinson as a fan and he included them in one of his BBC Introducing podcasts recently.
They will be bringing us songs from Molehills as well as from their two EPs.
check them out at http://wilfulmissing.co.uk/
Read some reviews
or give their new album a listen (maybe even buy it)
Advance tickets £5, more on the door
More information at http://www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.