Windows 8 Conflab
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (BST)
PLEASE NOTE: We have had to change the date and venue for this location. Those of you have already booked will receive further information shortly.
Windows 8 Conflabs are the first-of-a-kind event in the UK designed to help developers get started on the road to building software for Windows 8. We'll teach you the fundamentals of using the Windows Runtime (WinRT) platform to build Metro-style applications.
- What the Windows Runtime (WinRT) library is,
- What makes a Metro-style app,
- Where .NET fits with WinRT,
- How to reuse your Silverlight skills,
- What WinRT technology track to use (XAML, HTML5),
- How to optimise your apps for tablet use,
- How Azure fits with Metro-style apps,
- How to sell your apps on Windows Store (including trials and in-app-purchases),
- …and more.
We guarantee by the end of the session you'll have a firm understanding of Metro-style development on Windows 8.
The keynote will be given by Matthew Baxter-Reynolds, an expert in developing on the Microsoft platform an author of a half-dozen books on the subject. Matthew is also an occasional contributor to the Guardian's technology section and has as book on Windows 8 development for C# developers coming out in November.
If you're not ready to buy today, follow us on Twitter where we'll share tips and tricks on WinRT and other good stuff.