San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
REGISTRATIONS FOR THIS EVENT HAVE MOVED, YOU NEED TO REGISTER AT HTTP://AKA.MS/WINDOWSGAMEJAM
Welcome to Ireland’s first Windows game jam.
On Saturday September 7th at 9.30am game developers from all over Ireland will gather to create great new games and port existing games to the hundreds of millions of Windows Phone and Windows 8 of users in over 200 countries and win awesome prizes.
Did I mention there are cool prizes like Windows 8 tablets, Windows Phone and all the Xbox goodies we can get our hands on.
Why should you attend?
Now that Unity, Monogame, Construct 2, Cocos2d-x and other platforms support Windows 8 and Windows Phone natively you can sell your games in over 200 countries to the hundeds of millions of Windows users with a very small amount of development required.
There will also be guest speakers on the day on game marketing, cross platform play and other topics.
It is also your chance to meet and impress some of the top Irish indie game companies with your games, some of whom are hiring.
Finally did I mention the prizes.
What happens on the day?
· You with your team have 8 hours to build or port a game to Windows 8 or Windows Phone.
· You can work on your own, come with your own team or join a team on the day.
· Platforms: The prizes will be for Windows Phone & Windows 8 games. You can port a game that was on another platform.
· Use your skills: Whether you build games in Unity, Monogame, Construct 2, Cocos 2dX or develop natively you can use your tools
· Hang out with fellow game devs: The space will be arranged by development tools so if you are a Unity dev you will be surrounded by other Unity devs same for Monogame, Construct 2 etc.
· Learn from the mentors: We will have professional game developers on hand who are experts in each of the game development tools.
· On Saturday at 5pm game development stops and judging begins. There is a people’s choice so we all get to play each-others games.
· As an added bonus we will feed you too
· People and Judges vote and prizes are given out
Sounds great, what do I need to bring?
1. Bring a PC or Mac running Windows 8 – if you don’t have Windows 8 you can get it for free as a startup by joining Bizspark or if you are a student check if you college has Dreamspark premium here (choose the “More software through your school” tab). Otherwise you can buy it at www.windows.com or try a free version here
2. Install Visual Studio 2012: You can download the Ultimate version through Bizspark or if you are a student through Dreamspark. If you are neither you can get the free Express 2012 versions for Windows 8 and Windows phone here
3. If you install Visual Studio Ultimate you can get the Windows Phone SDK here and Windows 8 SDK here
4. If you are porting a game, bring the artwork, code etc that you will need.
If you have any quesitons email appireland at microsoft.com
Microsoft takes your privacy very seriously, to read our complete Privacy statement or edit you contact preferences please visit http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/fullnotice.mspx