San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The IBP Communication and PR Awards Explained
IBP (International Building Press) in association with CAPSIG (the CIPR Construction and Property Special Interest Group) will be launching the Call for Entries for the 2016 Communication and PR Awards at the CIPR, 52 - 53 Russell Square, London WC1B 4HP from 6.00pm on Thursday 3rd March.
The Awards are intended to showcase and give recognition to in-house PR departments and PR consultants working in architecture, construction and design, together with residential and commercial property.
The launch will consist of a panel of last year's winners responding to a range of Q&A's to help you prepare your entry. The entry timeline, with key dates, will also be announced.
Chaired by IBP President, Rebecca Evans, editor of Construction News (and a judge of the awards), the event will encompass a number of perspectives, including past winners:
- Andy Rowlands, Head of Corporate Communications, Arcadis (winner: In-house and Communicator of the Year categories)
- Penny Joyner, PR Director, You Agency (Winner of PR Consultancy and Campaign of the Year categories) and
- Tom Hawkins, PR Manager, WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff (Winner: Young Communicator of the Year).
The session will be structured to address such issues as:
- How did the winners choose the work to enter and prepare for their entry?
- How did their online entry compare to the presentation to the 'interview' panel and did their focus change during the build-up to the finalists interview session?
- What benefits have winners accrued from entering and winning an award?
The evening will allow plenty of time for the audience to ask questions of any of the speakers.
Registration opens at 6pm. The core event will start with brief presentations at 6.30pm and will continue until 7.30pm, with networking to follow until 8pm at the CIPR (and at a nominated pub nearby from 8pm if required!).
When & Where
CIPR Construction and Property
The CIPR's Construction & Property Special Interest Group (CAPSIG) provides a much-needed communication forum for PR professionals in two of the largest sectors in the economy.