Actions and Detail Panel
Winning Business in Africa: Meet the Market Experts
Wed 22 March 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 GMT
All appointments are now fully booked with the market country experts but there are still meetings available with the Chamber of Commerce and UK Export Finance. Please click 'register' for time slots.
Please click here to register your place on the waiting list for market country experts. If a space becomes available we will email you in due course. Please note that places will be given on a first come first served basis.
As part of our extremely popular series of business development visits, we are delighted to announce this special event in which you can meet 1-2-1 with experts from Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya and Uganda, and hear about the export opportunities that await your business.
• Six of the world’s ten fastest growing economies over the last decade are African, and half of the global increase in population over the next 40 years will come from Africa.
• Job creation is increasing, and the proportion of people with disposable income in Africa is the fastest growing in the world, predicted to reach 1.1 billion individuals by 2060.
• Africa’s consumer facing industries are expected to grow by more than £260 billion by 2020.
• Increasing urbanisation and technological advances mean the continent has coped well with low oil prices and the aftermath of the Arab spring.
• British companies are in a unique position to tap into this market, ‘Brand Britain’ is held in high regard and products from the UK are considered symbols of quality, tradition and style.
How can you benefit?
Book a 20 minute, 1-2-1 meeting with our country specialists, to find out what opportunities exist in market for your product or service:
Nigeria: James Houston
UK Chairman, Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce
Ghana: Tony Burkson
CEO, British Chamber of Commerce, Ghana
Egypt: Iman al Sherif and Karin van Wesep
Egyptian British Chamber of Commerce
Morocco: Karim Benhaddou
Deputy General Manager, British Chamber of Commerce for Morocco
Kenya: Farida Abbas
CEO, British Chamber of Commerce, Kenya
Uganda: Willy Mutenza
Chair, Uganda UK Convention
Also, you can meet with the UK experts from:
UK Export Finance: Tony Petersen, Export Finance Adviser
East Midlands Chamber: Export documentation requirements
If a space becomes available we will email you in due course. Please note that places will be given on a first come first served basis.