Actions and Detail Panel
WIP Workshop: Raising your profile and sharpening your public speaking skil...
Tue 28 March 2017, 15:30 – 18:00 BST
The EPA’s Project Diversity will be organising a series of Women in Paytech workshop. The first one will be held on 28th March.
The workshop will focus on encouraging women to participate in speaking and panel opportunities at payments conferences and to provide helpful processes and methods to solve the nerves related to public speaking. This will involve guidance and advice around preparation, delivering interactive presentations, and an extensive question and answer session. The ‘Insert Name here’ workshop will be led by an experienced executive coach and will feature a panel of female payments professionals from the EPA’s Women in PayTech group.
The event will be hosted at K&L Gates (1 New Change, London EC4M 9AF) between 4 pm to 6 pm and will be followed by networking drinks. Please ensure you arrive promptly between 3:30 – 4 pm.
16.00 to 16.45: Session 1:
- Introduction and ice-breaker
- What public speaking events should we be speaking at?
- How do we get invited?
- What is stopping us from accepting them, if we are offered?
- In pairs, think about what topics would we want to speak on? What do we want to be the “go-to” person on?
16.45 to 17.45: Session 2:
- Addressing some of the concerns that may have been highlighted above, the coach will share some tools and techniques to overcome them and to give everyone the confidence to speak at the next event they are offered.
- It will be a really practical and interactive session with plenty of practice in small groups.
17.45 to 18.00: Wrap up and commitments