In this three week evening course you will learn how to create, colour, wire and assemble classic sugar flower sprays. The class runs for three consecutive Tuesday evenings (24th Jan, 31st Jan and 7th Feb from 6:30pm to 8:30pm) and we will ask you to do some work in between classes to ensure you have plenty of flowers to wire during the third week.
The class will cover:
- Gumpaste & flower paste - what's the difference?
- Sugarcraft tools - what you do and don't need
- How and when to wire
- How to make wired sugar sweet peas
- How to make wired sugar roses
- How to make wired sugar leaves
- How to make wired filler flowers
- Drying and storing your flowers
- Adding colour and depth
- Assembling your flowers in to a spray
- How to attach your flowers to your cake
What you'll need:
- An apron
- Two 200g packs of white flower paste (this can be supplied for you at the first class, just email and let us know if you'd like us to order you some).
All other materials and tools are provided for use during the class but it would be useful for you to have a basic flower tool kit to use between classes. Again, we can supply this for you ready for the first week. Tea, coffee and cake will be provided throughout the class.
To book your place fill in the form below, call 01258 817809 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For full terms and conditions please see our website www.icemaidencakes.com