The November meeting of Women in Telecoms & Technology (WiTT) celebrates women entrepreneurs in tech with a panel discussion among leading women who have founded, grown, sold, and promoted businesses in the tech sector. Our women entrepreneurs event is timed to take place during Global Entrepreneurship Week, which runs from 14-20 November this year.
Our panelists will include:
- Jess Butcher, co-founder of augmented reality company Blippar;
- Tania Boler, Founder of Chiaro (inventor of Elvie); and
- Barbara Spurrier, Chief Financial Officer, Concepta; Founder/Director, CFPro Ltd.
Audrey Mandela, WiTT Chair and co-founder of Multimap.com, will chair the panel. (Please see our website, www.wittgroup.org, for more details on our speakers.)
Our panel will discuss their views and experiences, including:
- panelists' own challenges in starting and growing (and in some cases selling) their businesses;
- best and worst decisions made while building their businesses;
- whether panelists believe there are differences between male and female entrepreneurs, the types of businesses they start, their management styles, and their experiences raising capital;
- views on scaling up businesses started in the UK; and
- advice for other women entrepreneurs.
We are also going to try a new approach to networking at this event, using an app developed by another woman tech entrepreneur, Andrea Sommer. Please see the instructions below to download and use the app at our event.
And finally, we would like to give our sincerest thanks to DLA Piper for hosting this event.
We look forward to seeing you on November 16th!
The WiTT Board
Annette, Audrey, Helen, Michelle, and Stephanie
Are you prone to forgetting names during networking? Hiver is a smartphone app that enables you to make the most of the time you spend networking. It uses advanced geolocation technology together with powerful analytics to identify and automatically remember each interaction you have (which is great if you're prone to forgetting names) so that you can connect with people and follow up effectively.
Hiver was founded by two executive MBA students at London Business School and a PhD researcher at Queen Mary University of London. The business was a part of Deloitte’s Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Incubator in 2015/2016 and a participant in Google’s Best of British Campus Exchange programme in 2016. More information can be found on www.hivertech.com To start Hivering, you’ll need to:
- Download the App from the Apple App Store or Google Play – don’t worry, it is completely free!
- Before the event, launch the App and complete the 30 second registration process.
- To make your registration process quick and easy, please ensure you have the latest version of the LinkedIn App installed in your phone and that your phone is updated to the latest IOS. You can also register manually if you’d prefer.
- Once inside the app, go to the Discover tab and select the event you are attending: ‘Women Tech Entrepreneurship Panel’.
- Open the event, scroll down to select ‘I will be attending’.
- When you arrive at the event, launch the app and select the tab with the icon. You’ll see the screen for Women Tech Entrepreneurship Panel’
- Click ‘I’m here’!
- Please place your phone in your pocket or bag without closing the screen. And that’s it!
When & Where
Women in Telecoms & Technology
WiTT is an informal networking group focused on education and enhancing women’s careers. We encourage mentoring and provide excellent networking opportunities. Our group meets every other month and our 1,200+ members include women at all stages in their careers in large and small organizations; we also have a number of lawyers, consultants, accountants and entrepreneurs as members.