San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN) at their third annual Economic Summit, to be held on Thursday 8 December from 9.45am – 4pm at the Park Inn by Radisson Telford.
This free to attend event will:
- Address the opportunities available to healthcare and life sciences organisations and businesses within the West Midlands, in light of the recent economic developments
- Investigate some of the challenges facing the sector, and how you can overcome them to prosper
- Discuss the WMAHSN’s growth plan and metrics
- Explore the opportunities to create better health and wealth outcomes.
The event will have three overarching themes:
1. Maximising global opportunities in the light of Brexit
- Exploring the prospects, challenges and opportunities for the healthcare and life sciences sector in key global markets, and how they can bring investment into the West Midlands
- Developing the region’s relationship with post-Brexit Europe, North America, UAE and Asia and capitalising on export opportunities
2. Strategic opportunities of devolution
- Ensuring health is at the pinnacle of the debate
- Closing the productivity gap
- Utilising the expertise and capacity within the West Midlands
- Redesigning public services as a pull for innovation
3. Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STP)
- How the West Midlands will organise both clinically and economically to drive sustainable transformation in patient experience and health outcomes in the long-term.
Our speaker list includes national NHS leads as well as local key opinion leaders, with the following speakers already confirmed:
- Geraldine Strathdee, National Clinical Director for Mental Health, NHS England
- Mark Rogers, Chief Executive, Birmingham City Council
- Andy Williams, Chief Accountable Officer, Sandwell and West Birmingham Clinical Commissioning Group and Black Country STP lead
- Clive Winters, Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership and Chair, West Midlands Combined Authority Innovation Group
- Terry Whalley, Director, Black Country Alliance
- Linda Magee, Business Development Director, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre and Executive Director, Industry and Wealth, Greater Manchester Academic Health Science Network.
By attending this event, delegates will:
- Gain a greater understanding of the importance of economic impact in the healthcare sector
- Learn about WMAHSN mechanisms to support industry, academics and clinicians in accessing opportunities, responding to challenges and adopting innovations at scale and pace
- Network with others who have a stake in health provision across the region to build on the West Midlands’ growing reputation for adopting cutting-edge technology to create wealth and improve patient care.
Who should attend?
The WMAHSN Economic Summit is aimed at representatives from the following sectors:
- Industry – Commercial Directors, Managing Directors, Business Development Directors
- Academia – Commercial Development Managers, Business Development Managers
- NHS organisations – Commercial Directors, Finance Directors, Strategy and Planning Directors, Resources and Organisational Development Directors
- Local authorities – Policy Directors, Commercial Development Managers, Public Health Directors, Health and Wellbeing Board members
- Third sector organisations – Finance Directors, Commercial Development Managers.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided throughout the day. On site car parking and wifi will be available.
With delegate numbers expected to be around 200, our exciting and value for money sponsorship packages offer maximum exposure of your organisation and your brand to our high-calibre delegates from across the NHS, local authority and private sector healthcare landscape. Starting from just £500, there are three sponsorship packages available:
- Media sponsorship package - £4,000
- Brexit, devolution or STP stream sponsorship package - £1,000
- Advertisement package - £500.
Discounts are available for those organisations in WMAHSN’s enhanced membership scheme.
These sponsorship opportunities will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. To discuss these opportunities in more detail, contact Farana Akhtar, Membership Co-ordinator, on 0121 371 8053 or email email@example.com.
Don't forget to tweet using the hashtag: #WMAHSNsummit16