San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Women in Physics
Women are underrepresented in physics in general; therefore, it is of particular importance to foster the development of our aspiring women researchers for their own benefit and to act as role models for others. This workshop will explore the particular challenges that face women scientists as they progress in academia and in other sectors. This day will be interactive and draw on the experiences and concerns of participants and will seek to build a community of support for women physicists across SEPnet institutions. Contributing to the day will be women academics who are willing to share their personal perspectives on thriving in their chosen careers.
By the end of this workshop participants will have:
- been alerted to their rights and responsibilities;
- engaged in confidence and self-esteem building activities;
- considered areas of professional development to promote; managerial and leadership skills;
- discussed how to achieve a work life balance that recognises individual needs and context;
- had an opportunity to start building a network of female physicists at various stages of their research careers.
Training and reasonable travel costs to the venue is covered by SEPnet. Places on this occasion are not limited for each institution.
Registration Deadline: 23rd February 2015
For more information log on to: www.sepnet.ac.uk/vre
When & Where
SEPnet GRADnet Administrator