Actions and Detail Panel
Women in the Workplace and Giving Great Presentations
Wed 22 March 2017, 08:30 – 17:00 GMT
Optimising What Women Want in The Workplace and Giving Great Presentations
We hear a lot of talk about Women in Business, Gender Diversity, pay gaps between men and women.
But do we know what we really want as women in the workplace?
There are now 14.5 million women making up 47% of the UK workforce, why are we still talking about this?
Many reports show that better gender diversity leads to:
• Improved profits and revenue with 19% higher average quarterly net profit than less gender diverse businesses.
If the figures show better profits why are so many businesses still struggling with this.
Many women continue to report that they are held back from achieving all they want in their careers by outdated organisational policies and ways of working.
Calling on latest research and the interaction of attendees, the morning will explore:
• Current trends in gender diversity in the UK and worldwide
• What women want in the world of work and how you can get it
• What is stopping you from getting it
• Why women leave the workforce and how to retain them
• Generational differences - Whether Millennial women are different
• How employers can better retain and develop female talent
The session will be interactive, with lessons drawn from opinion and experiences in the room.
Many of us struggle with standing up and presenting to an audience
Interestingly the number one fear in America is public speaking, number two is death!
Why do we fear this as much as death? So many people struggle with this and we have put together this session to help you find coping strategies and techniques to overcome your fear or just to polish your current performances.
“The mark of a good conversationalist is not that you can talk a lot. The mark is that you can get others to talk a lot. Thus, good schmoozer’s are good listeners, not good talkers.” - Guy Kawasaki
If we can overcome our phobias effective public speaking is simple if you learn to be real.
“You can speak well if your tongue can deliver the message of your heart.” - John Ford
“There are always three speeches, for every one you actually gave. The one you practiced, the one you gave, and the one you wish you gave.” – Dale Carnegie
This afternoon session will help anyone improve their public speaking to ensure that they are as close as possible “to the one they wish they gave”.
This session will allow attendees to:
- Write great speeches and presentations
- Prepare properly for public speaking and presentations
- Present naturally confidently and eloquently
- Overcome stage fright, fear and panic and recover from mistakes or interruptions
- Ensure that their conclusion is effective and memorable
- Answer questions clearly and confidently
“Best way to conquer stage fright is to know what you’re talking about.” – Michael H Mescon
Sampson Hall are sponsors of the Venus Awards and regularly run Women in Business Days. The days are always interactive, fun and thought provoking, with learning from one another positively encouraged.
We never underestimate how much everyone learns from one another and each delegate can leave with new ideas to enhance gender diversity and public speaking to the benefit of the business they are involved in.
Please join us for what will be a fabulous day at the beautiful Bridwell Park.