Cycling UK Scotland is running a series of women's learn then ride sessions in Edinburgh, thanks to funder City of Edinburgh Council. This course is for women who are looking to gain more skills and confidence on their bike and will be delivered in a safe, off-road environment at Bangholm Outdoor Centre in Trinity.
These sessions are free to attend, but we do ask that you attend a minimum of four in order to get the best out of the course and bring on your skills and confidence.
Each session is delivered from 10am - 12pm.
- 31 July - Basic bike skills and safe cycle check
- 7 Aug - Mock junctions, practising road positioning and signals
- 14 Aug - Basic bike skills and mock junction practice
- 17 Aug - Basic bike shills and mock junction practice
- 28 Aug - Quiet street ride and journey on cycle path
- 31 Aug - Quiet street ride and journey on cycle path
- 4 Sep - Basic bike maintenance including punctures
- 11 Sep - Basic bike maintenance including punctures
- 14 Sep - Journey through Edinburgh's cycle paths and quiet streets
- 28 Sep - Journey through Edinburgh's cycle paths and quiet streets
Whether you've never cycled before or are looking to get back on the bike after a long break, this course is for you. Delivered by female cycle trainers.