Actions and Detail Panel
Worcester - One Day Health and Safety Awareness Course
Wed 3 May 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Who should attend?: This is designed for Property Managers, Estate Managers, Facilities Managers etc. and site / mobile operatives i.e. technicians, caretakers, cleaners etc
Course Overview: The Health and Safety Awareness Course provides the knowledge needed to bring employees up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams and to protect themselves from the day-to-day rigours of working in the Property Management industry and examines aspects of managing small blocks to luxury city apartment buildings.
The course is delivered by our Health & Safety Team which enables the training to be delivered in a flexible way.
The one-day training course delivered by Mainstay walks through all of the key health and safety areas to watch out for in our industry. It contains updates on new legislation and practical hints and tips in reducing risks and making the developments we manage as safe as possible.
The course has been designed to cater for all role holders within our various business units and allows learning while at work. The Health & Safety Awareness Course doesn't turn learners into health and safety experts; but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they are responsible for. Importantly; it brings home why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
: The objectives of this course is to give a clear, comprehensive and rigorous overview of the types of risks in our business. In managing property, the tools and techniques available to measure and manage these risks will be explored, along with best practices for devising and executing risk reduction.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental causes and magnitude of accidents & incidents
- Conduct Manual Handling tasks safely
- Select appropriate Fire strategies to reduce exposure
- Understand Electrical Safety in the context of property management
- Know the DSE policy at work
- Understand the risks of working at Height, and identify how to work at height safely
- Deal with potentially hazardous substances at work effectively and compliantly
- Understand Lone working risks and the policy at work
- Asbestos awareness
PLEASE NOTE: Lunch is not provided