San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Why Good Time Management Isn't About Managing Time
Led by Will Craigie. Session includes lunch
- Are you feeling the pressure of too much to do in too little time?
- Do you worry you might be doing things right but not the right things?
- Is your work-life balance out of kilter?
In this interactive workshop we explore strategies for ensuring you make the best use of the time available to you.
You will learn how the brain has evolved in ways that sometimes makes it difficult for us to achieve our priorities and you will discover a variety of techniques to overcome this tendency.
You will be given self assessment tools to gauge your levels of procrastination and how effective your meetings are currently. You will also receive a handy motivational tip on how to get the best from your staff.
Lastly you will learn how the facilitator's granny’s advice on problem solving has recently been proven through scientific research!
- The benefits of excellent time management
- “Time Bandits” what they are and how to control them
- Being clear on what you want to do
- Planning, prioritising, organising
- Getting things done
- The psychology of time management
- More effective meetings
By the end of this workshop you will:
- Have learned ways to be more effective
- Know how to overcome procrastination
- Have a range of tools and techniques for decision making and prioritising
- Know how to run more effective meetings
- Be able to identify and eliminate things which waste your time
- Have learned a motivational technique for getting your staff to be more effective
- Know why your brain stops you doing things
10:00 - Welcome, aims and agenda introductions and mantra
10:25 - Benefits
10:50 - Time bandits
11:10 - ‘Where are we now?’ and the COGS model
11:20 - What really matters – 6 tools
12:00 - Lunch
12:30 - How to make effective working a habit
12:55 - Procrastination is a good thing, but you could always delegate
13:40 - The joy of meetings
13:45 - Using psychology for better decision making
13:50 - Action planning
When & Where
Our Vision is: 'Excellent Third Sector Leadership in Scotland'
Our Mission is to:
Shape the future of Scotland's third sector by providing every leader with opportunities to develop, influence and excel
If you are a third sector leader in Scotland click HERE to become a member of ACOSVO or to find out more