On the 16th December 2015 Working Knowledge are partnering with Harrow College to run an event with their tutors.
What happens on the day?
Staff from a selection of curriculum subject areas will be grouped with business professionals from relevant industries and will take part in a series of facilitated conversations and workshops throughout the day. You will be addressing the challenges faced by employers when looking for skilled new employees, suggesting ways the College could better engage with local businesses and sharing your thoughts about what skills and experience potential employers look for in a new employee. You will also have the opportunity to hear from educators about the problems they are confronted with when getting their students work ready.
The key aims of the day are:
• to help the staff become more aware of the needs of industry
• to make curriculum more relevant to the work place
• to build links between the College and local employers
The College are particularly keen to engage with professionals who have backgrounds in: Business, HR, Recruitment, Health & Wellbeing (Health & Social Care, Sport, Hair & Beauty), Art & Design, ICT and Science industries.
- There is no preparation needed before the day, all you need to do is register a profile through this page
- The day is professionally facilitated by the Working Knowledge team
- Lunch and a networking session will be provided to all volunteers
For further information on the Business Volunteer role please watch a video of a event we ran with another College in October: https://vimeo.com/143234596
If you are unable to make this date, we are running another Staff Immerse at Ealing, Hammersmith & West London on 9th December. Please find further details here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staff-immerse-with-ealing-hammersmith-west-london-college-registration-19222382664
When & Where
We are a social business that creates chances for young people to open doors into brilliant careers with fantastic employers that offer great progression opportunities.