About the Workshop
This 2 day workshop covers the generic topics and themes that will equip paid staff and volunteers with the knowledge and skills to operate safely when working with adults in health/caring environment
It is not intended to replace or duplicate organisational specific induction or training. It is the responsibility of the volunteering organisation to provide the above in line with their policies and procedures.
Topics covered are introductioins only. Attendees will be encouraged to seek further opportunites to train at a more in depth level. This may be at the request of the organisation or as a development opportunity for the individual volunteer.
Who is the workshop is for?
- Voluntary and Community Organisations delivering health and wellbeing services
- Volunteers working with organisations delivering health and wellbeing services
- Volunteers of Private and Public Sector Partners delivering heallth and wellbeing servies
- To equip paid staff and volunteers with the knowledge and skills to operate safely when working with adults in health/caring environment
- Who we are
- Holistic Care
- Recognising Need
- Introductions to Dementia Awareness, Mental Health Awareness, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Person Centred Care
- Boundaries and Risk Management
- The Care Game
On completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate.
If you need to cancel.....
Please let us know if you can’t attend as soon as possible. This can be done via Eventbrite (guidance here) or by using the contact details above. It is normally possible to accept someone else attending in your place, but if not, our refund policy is:
Full refund if you cancel two weeks or more before the closing date
Half refund if you cancel less than two weeks before the closing date
No refund if you cancel after the closing date or do not attend on the day
If WCAVA needs to cancel.....
We may need to cancel a course if not enough people have booked onto it by the closing date. We will give you a full refund if we need to cancel.
When & Where
Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
Warwickshire CAVA provides the following support to the Voluntary & Community Sector Organisations and groups within Warwickshire:
- Funding advice/Support
- Group support/Development
- Community Development
- Strong Representation under COMPACT
- Community Payroll
Warwickshire CAVA supports volunteers across the county, providing the following:
- Volunteering Recruitment and Referrals
- Campaigning and Promotion
- Good Practice in Volunteer Management
- Youth Volunteering
- Transport Projects