The one day course will benefit staff who work with service users.
The morning session will cover attachment theory and is aimed at staff or volunteers who have an interest.
The afternoon session is aimed at staff and befrienders who have direct experience of working with service users who have attachment issues and are interested in furthering their knowledge.
Aims of the course
The course aims to provide:
- A greater understanding of attachment theory and how attachment issues might influence a support orientated relationship
- A safe and reflective space where participants can share their experience of working with individuals who have attachment difficulties.
Objectives of the course
- Participants will gain knowledge of basic attachment theory including the research the theory is based on and the resultant attachment patterns and styles
- Using scenarios to explore how attachment affects a supportive relationship both positively and negatively.
- Relate the knowledge of attachment theory to ourselves and to the service users you work with
- Explore what you need to sustain yourself to work with individuals who have attachment issues.