San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
An interactive workshop which aims to offer practical guidance to professionals working with children and young people who experience bereavement within the context of separated or fractured family systems.
- to gain further understanding of how children and young people grieve
- to understand the impact of family breakdown as a result of death or sudden death
- to explore therapeutic approaches in bereavement and separated or fractured family systems
- to consider ways of supporting children who move into temporary or permanent care
- to explore how to communicate in a multi-agency framework and promote joint working
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.