National Conference - Getting Bereavement Right for Every Child
- Charity & Causes
Working with Bereaved Children and Young People in Fractured Families
Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
An interactive workshop which aims to offer practical guidance to professionals working with children and young people who experience bereavement within the context of separated or fractured family systems.
• to gain further understanding of how children and young people grieve
• to understand the impact of family breakdown as a result of death or sudden death
• to explore therapeutic approaches in bereavement and separated or fractured family systems
• to consider ways of supporting children who move into temporary or permanent care
• to explore how to communicate in a multi-agency framework and promote joint working
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for all professionals who work with and/or offer therapeutic services to bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.