Actions and Detail Panel
Working with British Colleagues
Mon 5 December 2016, 10:00 – 17:00 GMT
Come and learn, network and share experiences with like-minded professionals from other international organisations. Our Working with the British course will help you to understand the British mindset and know how to adapt to British business culture. You will learn how to build relationships and communicate more successfully with your British contacts.
- Understanding culture: models, definitions and sub-cultures, perceptions, judgments, generalisations and stereotypes
- Insights into the UK: key themes in British culture, multicultural Britain, historical, economic and political influences, facts and figures
- Understanding the British mindset: core British values
- British business culture: management styles, team working, attitudes to risk and change, the value of time, competition vs. collaboration, decision making
- Navigating the British workplace: building relationships, meetings and presentations, how to influence and negotiate
- Communicating with the British: styles and preferences, email and telephone etiquette, meeting and greeting, use of humour
- British business and social etiquette: practical do’s and don’ts
- Developing cultural awareness: what skills do you need to be successful with the British? Strategies for adaptation
- Action planning and next steps
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Please contact us to book your place.