Develop your practical skills to work with bereaved children and young people in separated or fractured families.
- gain further understanding of how children and young people grieve
- understand the impact of family breakdown as a result of death or sudden death
- explore therapeutic approaches in bereavement and separated or fractured family systems
- consider ways of supporting children who move into temporary or permanent care
- explore how to communicate in a multi-agency framework and promote joint working
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all professionals who work with and/or offer therapeutic services to bereaved children and young people in the course of their work, whether in the statutory or voluntary sector.
“The day has enabled me to work with more empathy and understanding of the difficulties facing fractured families.” Course delegate
If you are interested in attending this type of training but can’t attend these sessions, the training team at Child Bereavement UK can we keep in touch with you, just by email, to give you updates about our upcoming training, special events and conferences. If you wish to receive these emails, please sign-up online.
Save This Event
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.