Actions and Detail Panel
Working with Employees with Social Communication Difference
Fri 26 May 2017, 09:30 – 12:00 BST
Learn how to manage or work alongside employees with social communication difference in the workplace such as Autism, Aspergers or who display related characteristics. We coach on how to communicate successfully in one-to-one or team scenarios as you manage or work alongside employees with diverse communication styles.
Working with a professional actor, we role play true-to-life scenarios of communication differences at work and use videos to support the learning experience.
The session will include:
- Developing an understanding of what behaviours of Social Communication Difference (such as Autism/Aspergers) may look like in the workplace
- Increasing understanding of the experience of Autism in work
- Enhancing confidence in working with people with communication difference or who are on the Autistic Spectrum
- Observation of role-plays that represent real life situations and around table discussions about these
Recent feedback includes:
- Role plays from the presenters were very effective
- I enjoyed the pacing and felt all info given was extremely relevant and was not overloaded with info.
- I enjoyed the Role plays/ Great Presenters
- I enjoyed the real life experiences.
- Brilliant training.
- Good mix of interactive and slides
- Enjoyed the pace of delivery and the fact that the trainers were obviously knowledgeable and passionate about the subject.
- The best part of the training programme.
Please note that the cost is £135 (discounts for multiple bookings). A light breakfast is included.
This workshop can be delivered in house. Additional workshops are also available, including:
-Interviewing Applications with a Social Communication Difference
-Coaching people with a Social Communication Difference, or
-Becoming a Diversity Champion. For details contact Sharond@specialisterne.com
Book through Eventbrite (£135 + Eventbrite booking fee £8.96) or contact Sharon Didrichsen, Manager, Specialisterne NI Tel 07565 936191, email email@example.com to request an invoice.