Working with International Students - recording
Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 12:00 - Sunday, 31 July 2016 at 19:00 (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Recording of the Working with International Students webinar run obn the 11th July 2016 by Jalal Afhim and Mark Gilberts.
Here's the descreption of the original weibnar.
Working with International Students
This webinar is for everyone who would like to increase their understanding of the challenges faced by international students, and identify best practices for supporting them in their transition from university into the world of work.
By the end of this session you will be able to list the main challenges faced by non-EU students in starting their careers, as well as some of the initiatives taken by UoL colleges to help students address these challenges.
This webinar is most likely to be useful to careers practitioners who currently support non-EU students with their transition into the workplace.
In this course we will identify ways of delivering value-added careers and employability support to non-EU students, in a number of ways: one to one guidance, events, and technology supported initiatives. We will look at how the current HE context is impacting this student cohort, and where opportunities lie for innovating to meet student needs.
Benefits / Learning outcomes
• List the main challenges faced by non-EU students
• List authoritative sources of information on visa regulations and labour market information
• Identify common scenarios in guidance for non-EU students, and responses.
• Describe ways in which events can be used to help non-EU students with career planning/execution
• Describe ways in which technology can be used to help non-EU students with career planning/execution
Career Consultant at The Careers Group