Designed for: Social Care staff working with adults experiencing loss change and transition.
- Be able to identify and describe loss and change individuals experience
- Be able to analyse theory that relates to loss and change
- Be able to apply theory that relates to loss and change to understand individuals behaviour
- Be able to examine anticipatory care and Living and Dying Well
Evaluation methods: Staff learning forms
Policy and Legislation
- Social & Spiritual Care Policy
- End of Life Care Policy
- Admission, Transfer & Discharge Policy
- Living and Dying Well – a national action plan for palliative and end of life care in Scotland 2008
- Anticipatory Care Planning - Frequently Asked Questions 2010
- Managing relationships: Empowering people; working in partnership; empathy; dealing with conflict.
- Managing self: professional autonomy; lifelong learning; flexibility; confidence; resilience; awareness of impact on others; Awareness of wider context.