San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Learning Outcomes and Objectives:
- To gain an understanding of a therapeutic treatment for obesity and how to integrate it and deliver it to this specific client group.
- Gain an understanding of 12 step model and how it is applied for Compulsive Overeating/Binge Eating Disorder (BED).
- Understanding the Cycle of Addiction and how it applies to Binge Eating Disorders (BED)
- Overview of other compulsive behaviours/eating disorders.
- Assessment tools.
- Look at current research in this earea.
- The application of group therapy and an opportunity to participate in an interactive workshop.
- Exploring the solution from a biopsychosociospiritual perspective.
This workshop is aimed at Health Professionals who are working with clients who are obese/overweight or struggling with maintaining weight loss. This course is suitable for anyone who find themselves working with clients who are presenting these issues, this may include counsellors, psychotherapist, psychologists, psychiatrists, dieticians, nutritionists, GP's, Mental Health Professionals, weight loss coaches/consultants, Fitness trainers, students and anyone who has personal or/and professional interest in the subject.
About The Speaker:
Rochelle Craig is a qualified Counsellor and Trainer with Masters Degree in Addiction Counselling and is accredited with The Federation of Drug and Alcohol Counsellors; and is in recovery from Binge Eating Disorder and Food Addiction for over 20 years. Rochelle works applying the 12 step model with Compulsive Overeating, Binge Eating, Anorexia Nervosa and Food Addiction as due to her personal experience she believes this model works well with any addictive/compulsive behaviours. Rochelle also integrates Motivational Interviewing Techniques and CBT tools to compliment the 12 step programme. She has developed this training to introduce a treatement for working with obesity and demonstrate the 12 step model and its use for working with clients who were obese and displaying Binge Eating Disorder/Food Addiction.
Booking Terms and Conditions can be found on our website www.psychevents.co.uk
Save This Event
When & Where
PsychEvents UK is an independent organisation, organising CPD events for Psychologists, Counsellors, Psychotherapists and other Mental Health Professionals through Seminars, Workshops and Conferences throughout the year.