This workshop will introduce you to working with tricky fabrics, such as silk. From cutting to tips on how to sew with it using a sewing machine. Barley will guide you through the process of making a pretty camisole top and knickers from silk scarves. Each item is a stand alone class, in the morning make a camisole top, in the afternoon make the knickers. A discount is offered when you book the full day.
On completion of this class participants will confidently be able to:
- Work with delicate and trcky fabrics
- Cut a simple garment pattern
- Assemble the fabric pieces on the machine
- Use the 'overcast' and '3 step zig zag' stitch functions
- Add elastication
- Upcycle pretty scarves into a camisole top and / or knickers!
TIME: 11am - 1.30pm (camisole top) 2.30 - 5pm (knickers)
PRICE: £40 / £35 conc or £65 / £60 FULL DAY (Camisole & Knicker set)
Includes materials and refreshments, but you are welcome to bring your own silk fabric or scarves
For booking Terms & Conditions
For more information on Fabrications and our classes,please visit the Website