This session will introduce you to the changing role of the voluntary sector and help you to understand the benefits of partnering to deliver effective services. The voluntary sector's diversity and it's unique place in civil society brings benefits and challenges. Highlighting the very best of a sector built on the strength of volunteers, this session will introduce you to the sector, it's people and its language. Helping you to understand a sector worth over £4.9bn to the economy, and employing nearly as many staff as the NHS in Scotland.
This session will cover:
1. Understanding the Sector - history; the Bond of Trust; legal structures.
2. Understanding the Money - income sources and streams; expenditure; investment.
3. Understanding the legal constraints - regulation and best practice standards which control the Sector.
4. Understanding the Governance - the role of Trustees; staff; volunteers; stakeholders and its impact on decision-making.
5. Case Study; a real life example of how partners made it work.
6. The Voluntary Sector in Scotland - facts and figures; diversity and strengths. How you can use its assets and strong links to the community to deliver outstanding public services.
7. Looking forward - what's happening now and what's coming.
Do I have to book using Eventbrite?
No. You can simply contact us at email@example.com with your name, organisation, billing address and a note of any access issues. We will issue an invoice in advance of your attendance.
What refreshments are served at the training?
Two free rounds of tea, coffee and biscuits are served on arrival and at mid-morning. There is no free lunch. The venue’s café serves hot and cold food on a cash basis.
Is there disabled access?
The venue is fully accessible. There is a flight of stairs at the front of the building, however, so wheelchair access is at the rear. A Civicos staff member will be on hand to assist, as the entry point is not obvious. Please let us know in advance of any access requirements.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please refer to the Google info here
What can/can't I bring to the event?
No need to bring equipment or laptop unless we specifically ask in the training descriptor. Pen and paper may be handy for notes.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
If you want to transfer to another training course, please contact us with five or more days’ notice at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Civicos Training requires five working days' notice of cancellation. We will always attempt to place you on a later version of the same course, or transfer your booking to another course at no extra cost. However, if you cancel with less than the required notice, we do reserve the right to charge for the full cost of the course