Actions and Detail Panel
Workshop: Filthy Lucre - Your Relationship With Money (Exeter)
Sat 21 January 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 GMT
- How do you price yourself in a highly competitive market?
- How can we earn a living if we are worried whether clients can afford us?
- How may we inadvertently trigger a victim dynamic (in ourself or the client) and what are the consequences?
I have spent many years as a therapist and my relationship with money has evolved over that time. I have explored my own beliefs and the psycho-dynamics of money in a therapeutic relationship.
In my therapy and training work, I have tussled with, and grown through, issues around self-limiting beliefs, assumptions and projections about money which hold me back in making a living. I have found that discussion on money can be a significant part of healing: for clients. Understanding the impact on relationships with our clients and their self-value is crucial.
NB. Great feedback from the BACP Conference where I gave a talk on Therapists Relationship with Money. When BACP asked what was the most beneficial aspect of the day, this is what they got:
"Cathy Towers on relationship with money"
"Raising my awareness, Self-awareness about my relationship with money"
"The money stuff. Would have liked to hear more from Cathy Towers"
"Cathy- lots to think about so helpful"
Topics to include:
- Our own relationship with money
- impact of financial exchange on client relationship
- scapegoat complex
- spiritual aspects and symbolism of money
- self-esteem issues
- calculating your worth
- what to take into account when fixing your price
- and space for other issues brought by the group.
This is not intended to be a workshop which tells you what to do, but an exploration which will give you confidence to make your own decisions and feel competent in explaining them if challenged.
This workshop is for you if
- You are self-employed
- You find charging for your service, setting a fee, or sticking to it difficult
- The nature of your work involves personal service
- You block yourself financially
- You are open to changing your relationship with money
Cathy Towers has many successful years in private practice and has offered training in building your private practice since 2007. She regularly attends mainstream business building events and intentionally combines what she learns with spiritual laws of success.
In 2010 Cathy opened Exeter Mind and Body Clinic where she hosts a great team of counsellors and natural health practitioners. She runs Facebook and Twitter for a couple of organisations.
Money-back guarantee: If you reach the mid-morning break and feel this is really not for you, you may return any materials shared and leave with a full refund following you within a few days. No need to give an explanation.