ACER in collaboration with MERCER is delighted to be able to offer a half day workshop aimed at helping your college engage proactively with your fund to try and mitigate increased contributions.
This workshop will be run by senior MERCER qualified actuaries with significant experience of working with employers who participate in LGPS, including the HE and FE sector.
What’s included in the session?
- 2016 valuations
- What’s changed at this valuation and how this impacts on deficits?
- Engaging with the Fund pro-actively to try and mitigate contribution increases?
- What is a typical timeline before rates increase?
- What options do you have in relation to participating in LGPS?
-Do you have to participate?
-Ways of controlling exposure
-If you wish to do something different what would this mean in terms of controlling cost volatility?
- Impact of college reforms/mergers
-What are the potential pension consequences?
- Terminating membership of LGPS
-What does this mean?
-What should you thinking about if you want to do this?
-Ways this can be made more affordable.
When & Where
ACER - Christine Stewart