Hate Crime: recognising and reacting to incidences of abuse in public
We increasingly seem to be hearing stories about hateful abuse in public situations. Maybe you’ve witnessed them yourself – or found yourself on the receiving end.
Led by Jo from national NGO Hope Not Hate, you will leave this interactive workshop
- having discussed your personal experiences of hate crime
- understanding the different dynamics involved in minor to moderate incidences of hate crime
- feeling prepared to evaluate the situation if you find it unfolding in front of you
- having practiced different ways to react or respond, deciding when intervention is necessary
- having explored support for victims
After the workshop we'll be staying for '2016 Group Therapy' to discuss our fears and frustrations about the events of this past year. We will also talk about the aims of Lambeth More in Common and our plans for the future.
This is Part 1 in a 2-part series. The second workshop, on Building Community Power, will take place on Saturday 10th December. RSVP here
Tickets are free to members of Hope Note Hate sub-group, Lambeth More in Common. From everyone else, tickets are £5 to cover the costs of opening the Hub on a Saturday.