Actions and Detail Panel
Workshop on Sustainable Design, Retrofit and Resource Efficiency Measures i...
Wed 3 May 2017, 10:00 – 14:00 BST
We are opening our doors to food and drink companies to come along to our next meeting. If you are a company interested in hearing from experts in sustainability and looking for a forum discuss with others how they are working to improve their environmental credentials then please register your interest here.
The Resource Efficiency Industry Advisory Group is a group of technical managers / ops managers , directors and business owner from across the food and drink sector who have an interest in environmental sustainability. The group meet three times a year to share best practice, trial innovative solutions /new ideas / processes / technology for energy, water and waste issues in the food and drink sector. When possible the meetings are typically hosted by our members in order to see best practise firsthand. The group works collaboratively to solve these issues, developing practical and exploratory projects to identify best practice and communicate results and member experience to the wider industry. We consist of approximately 25 food and drink companies and are co-chaired by Food and Drink Federation Scotland, Zero Waste Scotland and Interface.
• Gary Dow, Davidson Feeds - Background and guided tour
• Professor John Currie – Scottish Energy Centre and Edinburgh Napier University
• Gary Singleton – Strathclyde University – Case study of Rolls Royce Nuclear with the aid of Virtual Reality
• Robert Shearlaw – WHRL Solutions – The Opportunities of Heat
• Nick Ribbons – Zero Waste Scotland – Construction Waste Support Programmes
• Calum Robertson Zero Waste Scotland - Industrial Decarbonisation Support & Opportunities
Once registered someone from the team will respond to confirm your attendance .