Gain the knowledge you need to make people with disabilities feel more comfortable and welcome by learning:
- The appropriate words to use when referring to different disabilities
- Tips for improving communication with disabled customers
- Common disabilities that customers may have, and appropriate ways to offer assistance
- How to be more aware of their own feelings, misconceptions and biases when serving disabled customers
- The value of tourism, and why disabled customers are such an important market
- How to identify tourism businesses in your community that are accessible to disabled customers
Delegates will receive a participant’s workbook for this course, pin badge, pen and WorldHost™ certificate which is included in the cost.
Once a company has 50% or more of their staff attend and pass any of the above WorldHost courses they will be eligible to become a Recognised WorldHost business at no extra cost.
Here's what others say about this course:
"Enjoyed it all, got tips and ideas to use in different situations, very good trainer" - Diana Collier, House of Fraser
"The workshop today was very useful in highlighting the needs of people with disabilities" - Christopher Griffiths, Crowngate Shopping Centre
"Found this really useful and knowlegable" - Megan Baker, New Look
Save This Event
When & Where
Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel
82-83 Eccleston Square
SW1V 1PS London Victoria
Monica Or - Star Quality Hospitality
Monica Or is the founder of Star Quality Hospitality and works operationally with the owner / managers of independent hotels and restaurants who need assistance with common hospitality issues such as ineffective systems and procedures, staffing problems and unhappy guests. She will work with you to put together a strategy that you can implement yourself so you move away from your complaining guests and move towards a profitable business that can be run without you constantly being there.