San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Working with children and young people who are victims of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) or Exploitation (CSE)
This is a full day course for people working with children and young people in West Sussex.
This course is being delivered through a partnership between Coastal West Sussex Mind, YMCA Downslink Group, Life Centre, West Sussex County Council and West Sussex CCGs.
About the course
This one-day training course is aimed at CYP practitioners and managers, to assist them to engage effectively with children and young people known to be victims of sexual abuse or exploitation.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will:
* Understand the definitions of child sexual abuse and child sexual exploitation
* Have a deeper understanding of the prevalence of sexual violence and its effects on CYP
* Recognise some of the features of trauma
* Be able to support CYP with increased confidence when dealing with disclosure
* Have increased knowledge of what CYP might need from workers in a supportive role
By the end of the course we hope that you will
- Understand the definitions of child sexual abuse and child sexual exploitation
- Have a deeper understanding of the prevalence of sexual violence and its effects on CYP
- Recognise some of the features of trauma
- Be able to support CYP with increased confidence when dealing with disclosur
- Have increased knowledge of what CYP might need from workers in a supportive role
Getting to the Venue
The nearest train station to Field Place is Durrington rail and then a 8 minute walk. The Pulse is a bus service which runs regulalrly nearby.There is free car parking on site.
Timings & Breaks
The course runs from 9.30am - 4.30pm
Tea and coffee will be provided during the break times mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
Your £15 registration fee for this course helps towards the additional venue and refreshment costs. This is a non-refundable deposit.
Please notify us ASAP if you are unable to attend the course. As this is a funded programme our aim is to ensure all available places are taken up. Early notification may mean we can offer this space to someone on our waiting list.
In House courses are a cost-effective way of training a whole team in your own venue, on a date that works for you. Please contact us to discuss your exact training needs on:
We hope you enjoy the course!
Save This Event
When & Where
Coastal West Sussex Mind
Welcome to Coastal West Sussex Mind
We are an independent local mental health charity working in West Sussex.
We aim to promote good mental health through the provision of high quality services and through campaigning to improve services, raise awareness and understanding.
Our services support young people, adults, older adults, carers and families affected by mental health problems. We offer help and advice to people around improving their physical and mental well-being, strengthening their self-esteem and confidence, building strong relationships with family, friends and communities, getting into education, training and work and achieving their personal and social goals.
We also work actively in local communities to raise awareness about mental health and tackle the stigma and discrimination.
Phone: 01903 277000