Actions and Detail Panel
Writing Retreat at St Mary's Island, Whitley Bay
Sun 23 April 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 BST
Join me for a truly get away from it all writers' retreat at St Mary's Lighthouse. We will be marooned on the island for the day as the sea 'straddles' the causeway for the duration of the retreat. Bring your own writing to work on or be inspired by your surroundings to start something new.
- Peaceful environment in stunning setting
- Exclusive use of conference room in the visitor centre
- Refreshments provided but please bring a packed lunch
- Car park charges apply in St Mary's car park but a lift can be supplied from a nearby free car park
- Please note wi-fi signal cannot be guaranteed and there is a walk across a causeway plus stairs to the room
- Brief post lunch writing get-together (optional) for mutual support & ideas
- Everyone welcome including those new to writing and whether you write creatively or for business.
- Relaxed and informal
- An ideal opportunity to start that short story, plot your drama, work on your novel, be inspired to poetry or catch up on blogging.