Actions and Detail Panel
Writing Your Non-Fiction Book to Publishers' Standards - Workshop
Sat 6 May 2017, 10:00 – 16:30 BST
Writing Your Non-Fiction Book to Publishers' Standards - this one-day experiential workshop provides a range of tools, techniques and insider tips to get your non-fiction book from proposal to publication and how to promote it. It is aimed at writers seeking a publisher or those intending to self-publish. The standards are the same! Limited spaces. Advanced booking only.
The workshop is led by author, coach and psychologist, Dr Gary Wood. He has a wealth of experience of dealing with publishers. The workshop includes:
- Tips and exercises based on publishers' questions
- Techniques for managing stress and staying in your creative space
- How your proposal structures your book and clarifies your message
- Knowing yourself, your subject and your audience
- Finding your ideal writing process, managing motivation and avoiding pitfalls
- Writing & editing for impact
- Why you should think about promotion even before you start writing
The workshop also includes a follow-up one-to-one coaching session (on Skype), a work-book and a certificate of attendance.
Refreshments provided (but not lunch).
On street parking only. Unfortunately, the South Side Centre does not have wheelchair access.
Any questions, please get in touch with Gary Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Booking in advance only. There will NOT be any spaces available on the day.
Additional discount for BACS payment, contact email@example.com for further details.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Aimed at aged 18 and above.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Close to bus routes. On street parking only.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
What's the refund policy?
No refunds 21 days before the event. 10% admin fee before, plus any associated booking fees.