WSR Gala Shuttle - Great Westerner Merrymaker
To celebrate the first gala since the new WSR AWAY DAY ticket was launched the West Somerset Railway have agreed to offer all GWR Staff & families a special rate to celebrate the event. The West Somerset Railway, is a true country branch line of the former Great Western Railway and is full of fascination.
To help you get to their Autumn Gala on the 8th & 9th October 2016 a GWR DMU shuttle will be in operation between Taunton to Bishops Lydeard stations.
All services are scheduled to depart & arrive from platform 2 at Taunton & platform 1 at Bishops Lydeard.
Saturday 8th October - Outward
Dep Taunton Stn - 0932 - 1028 - 1125 - 1230 - 1410 - 1459 - 1555 - 1655 -
Arr Bishops Lyd - 0944 - 1040 - 1137 - 1242 - 1422 - 1512 - 1608 - 1708 -
Saturday 8th October - Return
Dep Bishops Lyd - 1000 - 1053 - 1148 - 1249 - 1428 - 1520 - 1622 - 1720 -
Arr Taunton Stn - 1017 - 1117 - 1205 - 1306 - 1445 - 1537 - 1639 - 1736 -
Sunday 9th October - Outward
Dep Taunton Stn - 0935 - 1029 - 1123 - 1232 - 1409 - 1459 - 1600 - 1658 -
Arr Bishops Lyd - 0948 - 1042 - 1136 - 1245 - 1423 - 1512 - 1613 - 1711 -
Sunday 9th October - Return
Dep Bishops Lyd - 1005 - 1100 - 1200 - 1251 - 1428 - 1520 - 1618 - 1720 -
Arr Taunton Stn - 1024 - 1117 - 1217 - 1308 - 1445 - 1537 - 1635 - 1736 -
For discounted travel you must hold a valid GWR Staff/Dependant Pass. The special fares include unlimited travel on the DMU shuttle to-from Taunton & also unlimited travel on the West Somerset Railway.
Fares are below and will be valid for either the Saturday or Sunday whichever day you prefer to visit :
Adult - £10 - Child - £5 - Family (Two Adults + Two Children) - £22.50
Ride back in time through lovely countryside or to study the railway and some examples of industrial heritage to which are preserved to a very high standard. Some of the events over the gala weekend:
- An intensive timetable of trains between Bishops Lydeard (4 miles from Taunton) and Minehead.
- The Autotrain will also be in service on Saturday and Sunday and we shall confirm the details at a later date.
- Kilmersdon and newly refurbished Coach 4 running shuttle services out of Minehead.
- GWR Taunton to Bishops Lydeard shuttle on Saturday and Sunday.
- Minehead Turntable in action.
- Quantock Brewery will have a bar on Minehead Station on all days and will also have their base at Bishops Lydeard open for business.
- Railway Museums and model railways open.
- Licensed Buffet Cars on most trains, shops open.
- Quantock Belle running on some services offering Full English Breakfasts and Hot Lunches. Please see website for more details.
- Commemorative Gala guide available to purchase either in advance or on the day.
If you have any further questions or suggestions, please get in touch:
Guy Watts | Fares Implementation Manager - Major Projects | Great Western Railway
4th Floor | Milford House | Milford Street | Swindon |SN1 1HL
E: guy.watts@GWR.com | M: 07733053038 |