This year’s first XGen conference will be taking place on Wednesday 30th May 2012 and will run from 1300 until 1800.
The event will offer an excellent opportunity for XGen individuals to get together, free of charge, and hear from a range of senior industry professionals who will cover a number of topical items at the forefront of the industry.
The conference will provide an excellent networking opportunity, not only for those who are at the start of their careers but also for those already inside the industry to see the fresh new talent that is the neXt GENeration.
It will also offer a chance for new members of XGen to meet other industry professionals and find out more about the forum. This will provide a good way for group members to get to know some of their peers and make acquaintances before the CIR awards dinner later that evening, especially as a number of individuals and members organisations are nominated, and given that XGEN itself was a winner at last years awards for initiative of the year!
The event is kindly hosted the KPMG Business Resilency Team at their Canary Wharf offices.
§ 13.00-13.15 – Arrival and registration
§ 13.15-13.30 – Welcome and Introduction – Joe MacDonnell, Dan Castle & Laurence Clarkin
§ 13.30-13.45 – Will Brown, Head of Business Resilience – KPMG UK – ‘Learning from experience’
§ 13.45-14.45 – Interactive Session and Scenario Exercise
§ 14.45-15.05 – Coffee and Break
§ 15.05-15.35 – Panel Discussion – Views from our Speakers and Audience
§ 15.35-15.55 – Robert Jensen, Chief Executive Officer - Kenyon International Emergency Services – ‘Leadership in crisis and reputation protection’
§ 15.55-16.15 – Roseann McSorley, Head of Business Resiliency & Technology and Operations Controls Oversight - JP Morgan Chase & Co. – ‘Defining your career path – specialist or generalist’
§ 16.15-16.35 – Dr Paul Robertson, Head of Crisis Management - PwC – ‘The relationship between academia and practice – how we can all benefit’
§ 16.35-16.45 – Closing Remarks – Joe MacDonnell & Dan Castle
§ 16.45-18.00 – Networking Reception
The conference will be held at the London offices of KPMG. 15 Canada Square, Canary Whaft, E14 5GL (Serviced by Canary Wharf station on the DLR)
Tickets: The event is free to attend, however we are restricted to numbers and thus places will be strictly on a first come served basis
For more information, check out the XGen website – http://www.brrxgen.com
We look forward to welcoming you all to the forum on the 30th.
The XGen Steering Committee
When & Where
Business Risk and Resilience XGen
XGen was founded on five principle priorities;
- To leverage the skills and experiences of seasoned professionals and current industry leaders through conferences, workshops, seminars, and interactive exercises for example.
- To collaboratively question the road ahead for the resilience profession, and get ahead of the curve, trend setting in a bid to positively shape the industry of tomorrow.
- To develop a mutually beneficial peer group to share ideas, experiences, information, contacts and favours, to benefit both the individual, as well as the sector and industry in which they operate.
- To constructively challenge the legacy approaches to resilience, in a bid to drive the industry forward with fresh thinking and new ideas.
- To encourage and support the continued professional development of industry newcomers, partnering with recognised industry bodies in promoting the art and science of business continuity management and facilitating the mentoring of newcomers by industry experts.