Led by Steve Varnam, the afternoon will
- Look back at the interim framework requirements and moderation across the city in 2015-16.
- Give strong examples of the national standard (from real schools!) across Reading, Writing and Maths from 2015-16.
- Look at what the national data picture looks like now and where are Sheffield's priorities for KS1 in 2016-17?
- See how successful schools tackled the new frameworks and SATs assessments through their day to day QFT and assessment systems. Basically, evidencing learning without killing yourself in the process!
- Top 5s - The 5 most simple and easy to use activities and approaches to take the pain out of KS1 Reading, Writing/SPAG and Maths and provide key evidence for TA.
About Steve Varnam:
Steve has been a teacher for 15 years. He is currently Headteacher at Halfway Nursery Infant School and has spent the past 5 years, moving the school to good with outstanding features. Prior to headship, Steve spent 10 years developing and refining his expertise across many infant settings in many differing roles including as deputy head, assessment and teaching and learning leader positions. Specialising in KS1, Steve secures outstanding outcomes through creative and innovative approaches to teaching and learning. First and foremost, Steve is a teacher and he strives to ensure outstanding learning through inventive approaches which aim to reduce teacher workload and maintain the highest possible standards. Steve's view of his role in education is simple. He works in schools to ensure Children ENJOY their childhoods, they are actively ENGAGED in learning and they make great PROGRESS!
The cost of this event is £90+ VAT, or 1 LUTSA Credit (see www.lutsa.co.uk for details of the CPD package)
Please note: THIS IS THE SAME EVENT WE ARE RUNNING ON 14TH OCTOBER AT LEARNING UNLIMITED, THIS EVENT IS AT ST CATHERINE'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL