Actions and Detail Panel
Y2 teachers' Conference: Lessons Learned from the Key Stage 1 Assessments (...
Fri 18 November 2016, 13:00 – 16:00 GMT
Led by Genaya Smales, the afternoon will
- Look back at the interim framework requirements and moderation across the city in 2015-16.
- Give strong examples of the national standard (from real schools!) across Reading, Writing and Maths from 2015-16.
- Look at what the national data picture looks like now and where are Sheffield's priorities for KS1 in 2016-17?
- See how successful schools tackled the new frameworks and SATs assessments through their day to day QFT and assessment systems. Basically, evidencing learning without killing yourself in the process!
- Top 5s - The 5 most simple and easy to use activities and approaches to take the pain out of KS1 Reading, Writing/SPAG and Maths and provide key evidence for TA.
About Genaya Smales:
Genaya has been a teacher for thirteen years. She is currently Deputy Head at Mosborough Primary School, where she has been in role since April 2015. Prior to working in Sheffield, Genaya spent her career in Barnsley, working as part of a team who successfully implemented improvement strategies which led to one school being judged outstanding and two others good, with one of those being named the most improved school in the north of England by the then School’s Minister, Nick Gibb.
Specialising in KS1, Genaya has a range of experience in developing practice within the classroom. She is an experienced moderator and worked as part of the city-wide moderation team to moderate judgements for the End of Key Stage One assessments in 2016. Genaya has also taught in Key Stage 2 and EYFS.
The cost of this event is £90+ VAT, or 1 LUTSA Credit (see www.lutsa.co.uk for details of the CPD package)
Please note: THIS IS THE SAME EVENT WE ARE RUNNING ON 14TH OCTOBER AT LEARNING UNLIMITED, THIS EVENT IS AT ST CATHERINE'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Date and Time
The Crescent Community Centre
ST Catherine's Catholic Primary School