Actions and Detail Panel
Year 12 Study Day - January 2017
Wed 18 January 2017, 09:30 – 15:00 GMT
This is the first of two events in the year for Year 12 students to think about studying languages at university.
There are sessions on cultural topics, grammar and speaking in French, German or Spanish, plus the chance to do an ab initio session in another language (such as Chinese or Portuguese). There will also be a student panel session, where your students can ask our students about studying languages at university, and find out first-hand about the year abroad etc.
These events will run from 9.30-15.00.
Please email MLOutreach@soton.ac.uk with any questions about the day.
- Schools/colleges can attend one out of the two events in the year. To register for the Study Day in June 2017 instead, please click here).
- Events can be attended by just the students, but you must advise us in advance if this will be the case.
- Lunch is NOT provided for students on the day.
- There will be a short teacher forum on the day, to discuss how the university’s languages staff can support you and languages at your school/college.
- Attendance at the whole day is expected.
- Bookings are only confirmed on receipt of the confirmation email.
- Nearer the time of the event we get in touch again to check final numbers and names.
- Where schools may have some native speakers of French, Spanish and/or German in your schools that wish to attend, we would ask you to carefully consider if the day will be of benefit to them.