These events provide year 8 pupils with a chance to develop their language skills. In the morning, there is an intensive mini-project in French, German or Spanish, led by the university s trainee language teachers. In the afternoon, there is a taster in a new language such as Portuguese or Chinese, plus a talk about languages and how they can be useful in the world of work. Throughout the day, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet and talk to our current students.
These events will run from 9.00-14.30.
Please email MLOutreach@soton.ac.uk with any questions about the day.
- There is a strict limit of 10 students from each school for this event, due to the popularity of the events.
- Schools can only attend on one of the two days.
- Lunch is NOT provided for students on the day.
- There will be a short teacher forum on the day, to discuss how the university’s languages staff can support you and languages at your school.
- Attendance at the whole day is expected.
- Bookings are only confirmed once you receive the confirmation email.
- Nearer the time of the event we get in touch again to check final numbers and names.
- Where schools may have some native speakers of French, Spanish and/or German in your schools that wish to attend, we would ask you to carefully consider if the day will be of benefit to them.