Actions and Detail Panel
YMCA Sleep Easy Lincoln 2017
Fri, 3 Mar 2017, 19:00 – Sat, 4 Mar 2017, 07:00 GMT
Sleep rough so others don't have to!
Participants will sleep rough for one night outside Lincoln Cathedral to raise money for the homeless of Lincolnshire.
The funds that are raised from this event will go towards getting people off the streets, into warm beds and receiving the support they need to rebuild their future.
YMCA Lincolnshire is aiming to build a new facility, called The Nomad Centre, to create bed spaces for vulnerable people in Lincoln.
The centre will have single bedrooms for our emergency night shelter service users and move-on accommodation bedrooms. From this centre we will be able to provide support to individuals by providing access to mental health workers, dentists, doctors and other health professionals.
Money raised from Sleep Easy 2017 will contribute towards the cost of the project. We would like to encourage fundraisers to raise a target sponsorship of £50 each to help reach our £10,000 overall target.
Your participation and involvement is vital for this project to go ahead.
Challenge your family, friends and colleagues!
Please note: Participants must be 16 years and above. All young people under the age of 18 years must also be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Your sponsors will make a difference.
Terms and Conditions
By registering to take part in the YMCA Lincolnshire Sleep Easy, you are agreeing to the following conditions of entry:
- Sleepers must be at least 16 years of age by 02 March 2017 to participate. Participants under the age of 18 years must also be accompanied by a responsible parent or guardian who must be in attendance throughout the duration of the event.
- You must pay a non-refundable registration fee. This covers the cost of refreshments and administration of the event. This fee is payable when you sign up to take part and secures your place at the event. Any registration fees received after the event is full will be refunded.
- The aim of the Sleep Easy event is to raise as much money as possible to support the YMCA’s work locally. We ask that all participants commit to raising as much money as they can (minimum £50 per person) through sponsorship or other fundraising methods.
- You must send any sponsorship money and other funds that you raise to YMCA Lincolnshire by Monday 3rd April 2017.
- If for any reason you choose not to, or are unable to take up your place at the event, all sponsorship forms and money collected must be forwarded to YMCA Lincolnshire. Please do not bring sponsorship monies with you on the evening as we are unable to collect this on the night.
- As this event takes place overnight at an outside venue and extremes of weather could be experienced, participants are responsible for their own medical condition(s) and ensuring they are fit to take part. Please consult your doctor if you suffer from heart, joint, back, breathing problems, or any other any other medical condition that may affect your ability to take part. You are responsible for the provision of your own clothing and warm bedding for the event.
- You must confirm that, as far as you are aware, you are currently in a good state of health and that you will not take part unless you are in a good state of health at the time of the event.
- You are taking part in the event at your own risk. Neither the YMCA nor any third party organisers of Sleep Easy events will have any responsibility for any risk, loss or costs incurred by you in connection with the event.
- Neither the YMCA or third party organisers of Sleep Easy events will carry insurance in relation to your participation in the event. Should you judge that additional insurance is necessary, it is your responsibility to obtain this.
- Photographs and film taken at the event may be used by the YMCA in future publicity material. You must notify the organisers of the event if you do not want your photograph to be used for this purpose.
- Participants will not engage in any activity that would place the interests and reputation of the YMCA at risk.
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted at the event, smoking is only permitted in designated areas.
- YMCA Lincolnshire reserve the right to refuse entry to the event at their discretion.