Actions and Detail Panel
Yoga for Better Sleep & Rest - 6 Week Course
Tue, 28 Feb 2017, 20:30 – Tue, 4 Apr 2017, 21:45 GMT
Many of us suffer from sleep issues of one sort or another, whether difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep, waking in the night unable to get back to sleep or simply reaching morning & not being rested enough. Yoga has much to offer to help with such issues and this workshop brings together tried and tested methods developed over 15 years of research by Lisa Sanfilippo, the UK and Europe's leading yoga for insomnia expert and creator of Super Sleep Yoga.
This course, held over 6 consecutive weeks, covers a variety of yoga practices alongside relevant aspects of the science of sleep, in a format that allows both consolidation & progression week by week. You can do the course on its own or as a follow on from a workshop.
Outline of Course Content
- the basics of sleep science;
- aspects of our lives & Yoga practices that can affect our sleep with regard to the 5 Yoga koshas;
- practical Yoga – movements, breathing practices & restorative Yoga - & how to use these to bring more balance into our wakeful day & contribute to better rest & sleep;
- good self management practices for good sleep;
- aids & remedies which complement Yoga for better sleep.
Dates/Time ~ Tuesdays 28th February - 4 April 2017, 8.35pm - 9.45pm
The standard cost for this 6 week course is £79.66~, which includes the Eventbrite booking fee * **
* If your finances make this not workable, whether or not you come in to any of the usual cost reduction categories, please do get in touch to make a more suitable arrangement on 0131 229 9035 or Andrea@alexandertechniqueedinburgh.co.uk
** There is a discount of 20% for anyone who has been on a previous workshop or course on Yoga for Better Sleep & Rest, to allow you more easily to have a refresher or development of the material, or to work with different issues arising at different times.
Additional InformationA cup of Solar Ripe's Night Time Tea blend will be included & served at each of these later evening sessions, timed for that towards wind down part of the day.
Bring/wear clothing suitable for Yoga: leggings, jogging/soft trousers or shorts with plenty of freedom of movement especially around the hips (so, not jeans or flat fronted trousers or the like).
Please also bring a wrap or other extra layers plus warm socks for the relaxation times.
For further information & queries, please contact Andrea St.CLair on 0131 229 9035 or Andrea@alexandertechniqueedinburgh.co.uk