Basingstoke Children's Centres welcome you to Young Mums Matter,
Young Mums Matter works in partnership with local Hampshire services to run a 12 week term-based course for parents up to 25 years which addresses the specific needs of young mothers and their child(ren).
How does it work?
The12 week workshop programme provides information, learning and support on topics such as:
- budgeting skills
- debt awareness
- fulfilling tenancy agreements and responsibilities
- work skills required, CV writing
- healthy relationships, sexual health and wellbeing.
Why Young Mums Matter
The workshops are aimed to help mums:
- Increase self-esteem and confidence
- Introduction into local community activities and where to go for support and advice
- learning about positive parenting methods
- Increase ability to manage everyday life skills (in particular budgeting and debt awareness)
- Introduction to further education and training opportunities
There will be an enrolement week for this course on Wednesday 7 September 2016, Time 12.30 - 2.30 (no creche for this week only)
The 12 week course starts on Wednesday 14 September 2016, Time 12.30 - 2.30 (creche available)
This is an expression of interest list
For Autumn 2016 this course will run at Honeycomb Children's Centre in Buckskin, Basingstoke. Venue will be subject to change for future courses.